Question

Update GL Voucher Screen - Limits on how many will post at once

• 9 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello - We are on IFS Cloud and we typically update GL vouchers on a weekly basis from the “Update GL Vouchers” screen.  Before moving to cloud we could select all the vouchers at once and it would take a 5-15 minutes, but they would all post and we could proceed.  Ever since being in Cloud, we now have to post transactions in batches of about 250 vouchers or the job will get locked up and we need to have our IT department kill the job and we start over in these smaller batches.  As a result we have to post transactions in many smaller batches over and over to get them all posted for a week.  It’s painful and inefficient.  

Does anyone else face this?  Are we doing something wrong?  Why won’t the job ever finish if we just trigger them all at once?  

Let me know if anyone has advice!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Why don’t you schedule the GL Voucher Update to run overnight and then you only have to manually update as and when you need it for any new postings generated in the same day. Doing it overnight is probably best practice and all customers I’ve worked with do it at least overnight as a scheduled task. 

Means you won’t have to wait until the end of the week for updating the vouchers. 

You Schedule it from the same screen as when you run the update: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@larissawillett I agree with @Ieva Rituma. Most of the organizations I worked with and have high volume of vouchers to be posted to GL have scheduled Update GL as a batch job that runs overnight.