Question

Unit of Measure on Manual Customer Invoice

• 26 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We’re on IEE Apps 10 and entering a Manual Customer Invoice and don’t see the Unit of Measure field, like on the Manual Supplier Invoice. 

Do anyone have a solution on how to add the Unit of Measure field on the Manual Customer Invoice?

thanks

Shelley

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @smelanson 

As per your inquiry adding a field to “Unit of measure” is possible but as Manual customer invoices are not supported “Unit of measure”, though you add it as a field you won’t be able to link any query or LOV on the same. But you will be able to type and save the Unit of Measure in the invoice in that field as a text. If you want I can send you the steps to create such field for “Unit of measure” in the Manual Customer invoice window. 

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

thanks for the response but I don’t understand why  Unit of Measure would not be supported on the Customer Invoice.  

Can you please find out why and if there are any plans to add it in future releases. 

Thanks

Shelley

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

From my experience, the manual customer invoice function is used mostly for data migration (migrate open invoices) as well as a point of interface for the external; customer invoices.   A  number of my clients have a third party invoice process and the results are loaded into IFS via external customer invoice for accounting and cash app. 

If your using this process for manual entry of invoices / invoice data - an instant invoice may be another option, as this allows unit of measure and full printing support.   

If we assume the manual customer invoice is designed for externally created invoices, then the postings of this invoice should be similar to a manually created voucher, and it is. In voucher entry - we have no unit of measure.   Assuming this is intended for postings and AR, I believe no U/M is OK in this manual customer invoice screen.  

How are you using the manual customer invoice?  - What’s the use case for the manual customer invoice screen? 

Best regards, 

Thomas