Question

Unable to print from Apps 10 order report

• 13 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

After updating IFS Apps 10 to Update 20 and app server to windows 2019

Getting …

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: An Unhandled Exception has occurred ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SWIGStringHelper' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'DL180PDFLPINVOKE': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGStringHelper.SWIGRegisterStringCallback_PDFL(SWIGStringDelegate stringDelegate)

at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGStringHelper..cctor()

Users can Print Preview without issue.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @puzinoj 

This is a bug in IFS Core released with UPD20. IFS has already fixed this in UPD21.

Workarounds:

1. Preview the report from the PC’s default PDF previewer, and then print
  2. Execute IFS EE client via a network share (run the exe directly from the WMS instance)

If the demand rises, request a solution via your IFS support channel to see the possibility of getting a hotfix or a single patch as preferred.

Hope this helps.

Badge +2

I tried running IFS from a copy of the downloaded client and got the same error.

I had given the workaround you suggested to our users this morning.  Unfortunately, we found the issue in prod … my team and most of the users doing upd20 testing used the print preview function anyway.

I put a case into IFS and will see if they can get us a hotfix but I think the workaround will work for now.

THANK YOU for your response!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @puzinoj 

The fix is available in UPD 21. To apply this single patch, it is mandatory first to apply the binary patch version 10.21.29.0. This binary patch contains the necessary updates and changes required for the resolution of the mentioned patch. If you have already logged a support ticket, they’ll check the binary version and if it matches the mandatory version, they’ll merge and deliver the patch to you.

Error: _Unable to load DLL 'DL180PDFLPINVOKE': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)_

Details of the error:
Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: An Unhandled Exception has occurred ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SWIGStringHelper' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'DL180PDFLPINVOKE': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGStringHelper.SWIGRegisterStringCallback_PDFL(SWIGStringDelegate stringDelegate)
   at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGStringHelper..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.SWIGStringHelper..ctor()
   at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE..cctor()
   at Datalogics.PDFL.PDFLPINVOKE.new_Library__SWIG_0()
   at Datalogics.PDFL.Library..ctor()
   at Ifs.Application.InfoServicesFramework.FndPDFLibrary.PrintFile(String filename, String printerName, Int32 copies, Int32 pageFrom, Int32 pageTo, String localPrintjobName)
   at Ifs.Application.InfoServicesFramework.DocumentFileHandler.Print(PrintInstance instance, String PrinterName)
   at Ifs.Application.InfoServicesFramework.PrintDialog.PrintReportToPhysicalPrinter(PrintInstance instance)
   at Ifs.Application.InfoServicesFramework.PrintDialog.cmdOk_Execute(Object sender, FndCommandExecuteEventArgs e)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndCommand.OnExecute(Component component)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Windows.Forms.FndCommandButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

As a workaround, you can preview the PDF file using a third-party application such as Adobe Acrobat, and then proceed to print the document to a physical printer from within that application.    

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I tried running IFS from a copy of the downloaded client and got the same error.

I had given the workaround you suggested to our users this morning.  Unfortunately, we found the issue in prod … my team and most of the users doing upd20 testing used the print preview function anyway.

I put a case into IFS and will see if they can get us a hotfix but I think the workaround will work for now.

THANK YOU for your response!

Hi,

We had the same issue last year (net result though this was a core code issue so running form MWS didn’t help) on Customer Invoice when going to UPD16 - with the same workaround via Print Preview - so very gittery around printing. We’ve got the scars.

Is it only from Order Report option - how does it work for say Scheduled Batch Prints or Background Jobs / Print Dialogue boxes?

Badge +3

Hi @Peshala Gamage 

We have updated from UPD16 to 20 and having this issue.

Do you have the bug ID of the single patch?

I found BUG ID 166704 for the  binary patch version 10.21.29.0

Appreciate your support.

Thanks!