Question

unable to close accounting period

• 17 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

in IFS , we are un-able to close the accounting period 10-2018

system generated this error

i checked the relation between user group and accounting period.

the GA user group is not there in that period; 

i added it but still error is there; because of the creation date.

is it safe to update the  creation date

if not what is the solution.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Nagah,

Have you individually tried closing the periods for user groups? It seems like there are financial postings posted by a user group that wasn’t already in the period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

yes i did ; 

in the user group per period form all the user groups were closed.

but in the main form accounting period; it doesn’t close.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Nagah,

I believe there are vouchers in the hold table which could have originated from GA user group. Try querying those, and update the GL. Inserting a new user group per period GA shouldn’t be the solution, purpose of having a user group is to control which user groups could enter postings and when to close them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

in the distribution and manufacturing post analysis the error is

“Invalid code part demand requirements for account 51111001  connected to M92 posting type.”

we opened the account    51111001 and we changed the code part demand to “CAN”

but still not closing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you run rerun erroneous postings, after you made the change to you code part demands?  If not please do so and try to transfer the postings again. 

Janet

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I run “rerun erroneous posting” and it display this error

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Nagah,

I think it's advisable to raise a case to IFS to investigate the issue, might have to identify the erroneous postings in question and the relevant user group. I am not exactly sure whether a user group it a certain period is allowed to POST to GL which in the scenario the root cause.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Nagah

Check the Users Group per voucher series. search the relevant voucher and check whether you have added the user group there

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

i added the user group to the series , and i run the transfer program , but still nothing new.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

i added the user group to the series , and i run the transfer program , but still nothing new.

Have you added default type as “Yes” in the voucher series. I believe you added the group in 2018 period ?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I select Yes as a default type.

and 

I created the user group in 2018- Period 10

the transfer program generate error in purchasing; PO (D1140005768)

the PO is Closed