Question

Two different balances in Consolidation Balance Analysis vs Consolidation Details Analysis

• 15 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, 

I have a client in IFSAPPs 10 UPD 16 and using group consolidation module. We get two different balances in Consolidation Balance Analysis vs Consolidation Details Analysis. 

Consolidation Balance Analysis

Consolidation Details Analysis

In Consolidation Balance Analysis cuurent period profit moves to the retain earnings and Details Analysis does not show current period balance in retain earins. 

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sadeepa

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

Could you check the ‘consolidation structure’ and confirm whether the consolidation method is ‘equity majority’. because if you have the consolidation method as equity minority,  current period profit would be in the investment account and not under the equity (eg: parent-associate relationship) . This doubt came to my mind by looking at the consolidated balances you have shared, noticing the same profit amount of 5K is available under the 17000 account. Therefore, if the consolidation method is ‘equity minority’ , you ideally shouldn’t be able to the share profit in equity section. 

I hope this info will be helpful to make a progress..! 

Best Regards,

Thushan Wijayawickrama 

GCD