Solved

TransferError on External Voucher Upload

• 26 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello, All-

I have uploaded a template that has all lines unpacked but the header has a transfer error status.   Any recommendations on how to move past this?

Best-

Christy

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 31 August 2021, 15:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Christy,

In the row RMB and do search in context . Put % in error and search, it should show the error.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

MKG019-

Thank you for your quick response.  All of the rows show unpacked without errors.   

A RMB in the header only allows me to reload with the same header status.

Best-

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You can try tow things RMB on header select load proposal and check the load type and other parameters.

Or RMB and choose remove load and then RMB and load, unpack and call input file

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

MKG019-

Again, thank you for your quick response.  I have unloaded, reloaded, unpacked and called the input file.  All produce the same results and the header status moves from unloaded to unpacked but then goes to transfererror.

Best-

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @cperdue 

If the issue is still there, could you please attach a screen capture of the setting in External File Template window? 

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello, Christy

Are you sure there’s no error text in any of the rows loaded? 

Looking at the template definition and your file loaded, I can see first column in template is voucher number, and if you are using automatic numbering of M vouchers, it should be empty. 
In your loaded data, first column contains value 1000. I suspect it is company id, and your first column is missing in the loaded file (it is common case on saving csv files from Excel...). As per my understanding, each row in your load file should start with comma…

Can you try editing load file in Notepad and load updated file?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I agree with the above. See the external voucher basic data.    Typically, I would have IFS assign the voucher numbers, leaving this off the template. Also, the voucher type would also not be in the template, as the load type would typically drive voucher type. 

If you need to reference an existing system / numbering process this data can be entered in the reference 

This is a common template I use for testing. For real life, add additional attributes, for example the code parts.  In this simple example the amounts are all ± in column 3

All records would have the same load group item (for example A).   If the file should create two different vouchers the first group of records could have load group item A, the second group could be B. - For example assume your loading a payroll file that contains true payroll values in the first section (Group A), but then statistical data in the second section (Group B). 

Using the above template - My external voucher basic data is shown below. 

You can establish any  load type, I used P for a very specific reason.