Question

Transfer Fixed Asset

• 15 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I have reviewed a few of the posts on the Community as well as the online documentation for transferring fixed assets in IFS.  I tried tested the functionality for transferring one object between companies and received the following error message when creating the transaction:

Does anyone know why I would receive this error?  I am not sure why the acquisition value would be reversed twice in the FA book.

Am I missing some configuration somewhere?  I have set up the fixed asset book mapping for each of the books tied to the asset.  I have added posting controls FAP51, FAP52, FAP55 and FAP56 as I am wanting to do an intercompany transfer of the object using the gross method.

We are using IFS Apps10 UPD10.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Monique

1 reply

Badge +3

After some trial and error, I was able to successfully transfer an object from one company to another. 

In the Transfer From company, all of the postings were successful for all books.  In the Transfer To company, the acquisition and accumulated depreciation are posted to the GL, but for the internal ledgers, only the accumulated depreciation is posted (FAP66, FAP67).  The posting controls for FAP64  and FAP65 are not being triggered.  I have the account for FAP64 set to use control type FAC2 - Object Group, but this does not work.  I have also tried using a fixed value for the account, but that does not work either. 

Everything looks good at the subledger level and in the GL, but I can’t figure out why the acquisition value is not being posted to the internal ledger in the receiving company.

Does anyone know why the acquisition value and counter-posting would not be posted to the internal ledger while the accumulated depreciation and counter-posting are?

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Monique