Skip to main content
Question

Transaction Revaluation Events

• 27 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I thought I understood this screen but I have a question

I invoiced a purchase order with an amount of 0 instead of 100, I thought that the revaluation would affect all the movements of stock on this lot but I see that it affects other lots and some movements not others why?

Do you have a document to help me understand this item? My customer is asking me to detail all the movements on this transaction.

Item purchased at PUMP see PJ

Thank you for your help 

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

7 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Revaluation affects to other lots too since your part consists of ‘Inventory Part Cost Level’ as Cost per part.

Please refer to attached doc with more details extracted from IFS documentations.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Samila 

Thank you very much for your help and for the document!

And if I had put Cost Per Lot Batch that would have impacted only the lot related to my purchase order right? 

Badge +4

Hi @Samila 

Thank you very much for your help and for the document!

And if I had put Cost Per Lot Batch that would have impacted only the lot related to my purchase order right? 

Hi, 

Yes, then it will revalue only that lot. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Samila 

Hello

Thank you so much for your help!!!

I will have a question I found that revaluation affect transactions even if accounting periods are closed!!!

Is this normal? or is there a setting to be made? 

My customer is asking me about the advantages and disadvantages of PUMP and standard cost. Do you have a doc on this subject please?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Please double check your assessment regarding closed accounting periods.  I don’t recall ever seeing IFS post to a closed accounting period. IFS has many layers of rules that would normally stop this. 

If the wish is --- Assume a posting date the last day of the month, and now on the 5th day we find a need to revalue. If the older period is open, IFS will post the adjustment back to thar period. However, if that period is closed, an adjustment is still created, however it is posted to the open period.  

Over the years, I tested this a number of times. 

I don’t believe it should be true in your environment.  Double check your test results. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Thomas Peterson 

I tested and it will search for transactions on closed accounting periods and carry them over to the current accounting period.

Thanks a lot for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

That is normal.