Solved

Template cannot be found

• 8 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi - this community has been so helpful!  Here’s one more question:

IFS Report Generator question.  A report is ordered and selected and then the various fields are populated according to needs.  As you can see in screen shot below - a template has been selected from dropdown/LOV.  I want to change this selected template to public from private.  Where do I find this template?  I’ve checking all the template views, reporting templates, etc.  I even used TOAD to view the IFS views and tables - no luck!  Compounding this - the owner of this template is no longer with company.  I did activate the user profile as well.  Any advice much appreciated.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 9 July 2020, 21:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This is a Report Template, so go to Report Templates and locate this one, find the Authorization column and change from Private to Public.  They are stored by company.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you for responding - much appreciated!  However - yes here’s the screenshot of report templates - and I have logged on as the owner of the template and as IFSAPP - no show - see screenshot and previous screenshot - thank you so much for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

But did you change to Company 1?  Your second screenshot is for Company 3, but the first screenshot with the template you are looking for is in Company 1.  RMB on the header by name and Change Company.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you!  I didn’t change that - but now I did - and voila! Although I ahd to go to a different template area than originally thought...I attached that to this message.  Once again - many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Ahhh, good you found it.  It was a bit hard to tell from your first screen shot exactly what transaction you were attempting, so I assumed the Report Templates, but the principle is the same in any case.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks!  will do!