Question

Tax Proposal - Template Field Presentations

• 8 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi, want to check, is there a set-up where the IFS Tax Proposal - Template Field Presentation fields are updated automatically by IFS?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@MDDTJAMU what are you trying to achieve? 

Tax reports depend on a default template where fields are calculated based on the country specific calculations. 

Sometimes you can copy the default template and then adapt some items. But if there are certain calculations which are required, it could be that it has to be adapted by adapting the default template. 

So it depends a bit on what you try to achieve? (looks like a PL template?)

Badge +5

Thank you for the reply. Excuse my ability to frame the problem please, its an area of IFS I haven’t worked on much. 

Our Finance department has found that the wording for tax documents has changed (online) and are updating the system. We are trying to update he field descriptions and tax codes automatically if possible.

For example, the VAT boxes text has changed e.g.
“Total value of all acquisitions of goods and related costs excluding any VAT, from other EC Member States (Box 9)”

As seen on the Tax Proposal - Template Field presentation page (below)

However, some of the team believe this was updated automatically in the past with a connection to the internet etc. I wanted to check if this is out-of-the-box functionality.