Question

Supplier invoice tolerance postings

• 28 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Can anyone confirm how tolerance postings are supposed to work (if at all), in Apps 9, in a company that does not use Posting Proposals?

I have tested this functionality using posting proposals and it all works as expected, adding a tolerance line to the supplier invoice posting lines if tolerance is within specified levels where ‘Always create tolerance posting line’ is not ticked on supplier OR creating the tolerance line even if outside tolerance where ‘always create tolerance posting line’ is ticked on supplier i.e. overriding the tolerance limits.

The issue I have is for companies where posting proposals are not used, you can still set tolerance levels on the company and/or supplier records but should you enter a supplier invoice and match it to a PO where the tolerance should come in to effect no posting lines are created on the supplier invoice. E.g. receipt a PO for £10, have 10% tolerance allowed, enter supplier invoice for £11. Balance of £1 remains on the supplier invoice and you cannot progress to post the invoice. No tolerance posting line is added to supplier invoice and there appears to be no way to progress the invoice without manually coding the difference which would then not be using the tolerance settings.

Do tolerances just NOT work unless you are using posting proposals?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, 

Tolerance posting is only created automatically for a Posting Proposal company. In a non posting proposal company you will get a warning when you override the price in the Match PO Receipt dialog and if you are outside tolerance.  

Best regards, 

Linda