Supplier Invoice Error - Divisor is equal to Zero

• 10 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community, 

We have below error, which is not application error, it’s a DB error. 

when we check the costing tab, we found a line with all zero amount.

in the purchase order line body, i can see the line 4 is in zero cost.

my question is, how we could avoid this error? when doing receipt matching, we can simply skip this line receipt?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Ron,

This looks like it requires a support case to be raised for a fix. It is a valid business scenario to have 0 value PO lines (could be for samples, free add-on products etc.) so IFS should support this without an error message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Ieva Rituma Thank you for your input.

I just set the line receipt closed date, and the invoice can be done successfully. I just tested.

yes, agree with you, this is a valid business scenario. i am reporting to IFS to see any fixes could be found. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

We have come across the same issue, and are testing the workaround you have used, so thanks for that. Did this get reported to IFS as a support case already, and if so, have they provided a patch for this, or do we need to open a support case for this, if this was not already done?

Thanks,

Justin

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JustinJ Hi, below is the response from IFS support

As per current investigations we have found that error is related to a custom field in a custom API "Posting_Proposal_CFP" which is not available in our core environments (see the attachment). First, we need to clarify and confirm that if this is related to any modification as we can see that the API which is related to the ORA error "divisor is equal to zero" is a custom API.

There is custom fields in the system as I understood in our Belgium team, they have technical skills to add these. So it might be the case I think. do you have the same case as ours?