Solved

Spoiled Check - Supplier Check - Payment Documents

• 29 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

In out TEST environment check #4 which was in printed status and was then reprinted. As a result,

• Check #4 was set to status “Spoiled”

• Check #5 was created with 0 value and set to status of “Voided”

• Check #6 was reprinted and set to status “printed”.

I have been told that:
The reason that it created 2 checks when reprinted because of the way the payment document is set up. The supplier check remittance code is set up as void, and no of remittance items is 2. If it is set to void, and the number of invoices on the check you reprinted is more than the no of remittance items, it will use one check (that it voids) for the first batch, then finish up the invoices on the second check with the full amount of all the invoices.

My Question:
Why does this feature exist?

I want to be able to put an infinite number of invoices on one check without going through multiple check numbers. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Best Regards,

icon

Best answer by Chirantha 30 September 2021, 08:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The reason this functionality exists is because there is a limit to how many remittance items can fit on a printed check/remittance section.   Most customers set this to 10 depending on their check stock.

If you go to payment documents -- use the drop down to supplier check -- you can change the # of remittance items

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Please consider this as an addition to above Nancy’s comment. She has very correctly explained you the purpose.

The remittance items are the matched items for a supplier cheque and those remittance items are printed on the remittance stab of a cheque. However, always there is a limitation for the maximum number of items that can be included in a given cheque. This no depends on which format you use for the cheque.

However, if you want to simply disregard this and put an infinite number of invoices on one check, you may define the maximum no as no of remittance information and set “ Separate”  as the value for “Remittance Code”   field.

This will enable you to match infinite no of items for a cheque while creating a separate advice to include the matched ledger items that can not be included in the remittance stab.

The bottom line is you can configure the system in whatever the way you want.

Hope this would help you in some way.

Best regards,

Chirantha.