Question

Significance of Posting Control M277

• 30 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

I want to know about the Posting Control M277.

I have a PO raised in CHF currency but while creating an invoice I want to raise it in INR as per the requirement.

While matching the PO using Match PO Receipts for Posting Information, it is asking me to add M277 posting control.

Request you to explain its significance. 

If I will use “Account” as Code Part Name & Control type as AC1 (Fixed value) what will be the impact of the Account mentioned under Default Value on my Expense Account?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Rakesh 

This postings was introduced in IFS App10 and related to the Different Currency Invoice matching.It normally create when Company Accounting currency is differ from purchase and Invoice Currency.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Dear @Rakesh,

This posting was introduced in IFS APP10 and related to the difference currency invoice matching. As I remember It creates when Company Accounting currency is differ from purchase and invoice currency.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

IFS Help has very good information regarding posting control and posting types.  

Additionally, you can look at the posting types per business events and search for a given posting type. 

Then from that given event APINVOICE you can see the postings generated from that event. 

Assuming your testing in TEST, then another way to see the effects is set up the posting control complete the entry and see the results.   

In this business event - AP Invoice, IFS can create many different postings.  You can see the different postings that can be created depending on what your invoicing.  These postings are system generated based on the data. It’s not something we can optionally use. If based on what your doing IFS triggers posting type M277, it’s not optional. IFS needs that posting type to process that transaction.  

After the transaction is created, check to make sure that based on your accounting standards, the correct type of account is used. 

Always test in TEST. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Rakesh 

M277 is a standard posting introduced in IFS Application 10 with related to Invoice matching process and this posting arise as a result of using different currency at the point of Invoice matching. It creates recordings in the database table level when there is a difference in currencies used. For example, if the purchasing and invoicing currency is same but the company or accounting currency is different. In such scenarios, M277 postings will be created. It will have a positive or a negative impact on the mentioned account depending on the direction of the currency difference.