Question

Shop Order/Purchase Req/Project missing connection

• 15 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

When we create a purchase order from a shop order that is connected to a project, the inventory module is not associating the receipt of those purchase orders with the project.  Then when the material is issued to the shop order the inventory module doesn’t associate the material with the project.  However, the finance module is able to make the connection of the purchase order receipt but doesn’t recognize the connection when the material is issued to the shop order.  This is resulting in the finance module and the project management module to think there is still project inventory on hand.  Which leads the project management module to show greater than actual cost for the project and a warning when trying to close the project. 

Does anyone know if we are missing a connection or a step in the work process?

Below is a shop order created for a project.

0.png

Below is the Purchase Requisition created from the shop order.  Note the only project field populated is related to the code part demands for the finance module.

1.png

Below is the inventory transaction detail for the receipt of the purchase order

2.png

Below is the inventory transaction detail for the issue to shop order

3.png

Below is a summary of the GL transactions

4.png

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk 

Hi, Shawn:  By any chance, is this issue something you are familiar with?  Thank you, Joann

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@jtobin 

Hello Joanne, yes, assuming the setup is as I expect, but probably the only way to explain is with a call.  There are other questions I would have to validate and then explain what is happening.

I’ll DM you.

Shawn

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello, 

I know this is an older thread but I have the same issue and I was curious what caused this. If you could publish the resolution and root cause here, it would be beneficial to others who run into similar issues. Much appreciated! 

*Update: It looks like my issue was caused because the part didn’t belong to project inventory when they processed the transaction. If you have additional information on this issue, it is still welcome. 

Thanks, 

Samantha