Question

Setting up Lease Accounting in IFS

• 26 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello

We do not use Fixed Assets, but plan on using the Lease Accounting functionality in IFS.  When I try to define a code part with FA accounting functionality, I get this error message.

I’ve looked at the Company/Fixed Asset tab and the associated help for this company.  Help says:

To enter fixed assets information per company:

1. Open the Company window and query for the company for which you want to enter fixed assets information.
  2. Create a new record in the Fixed Assets tab.

However, I’m not seeing how to Create a new recode in the Fixed Assets tab.  The + is greyed out on the toolbar, and no RMB options exist for creation.  I’m logged in as the application owner, so permissions should not be an issue.

Any thoughts as to what I am missing?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @cynthia.wilson ,

Please make sure FIXASS component is Active in Component Registration window.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you - yes, it is active:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @cynthia.wilson ,

I suspect although the component is Active, still the company has not updated properly.

Please can you try to update the company using the company template ?

Company/ RMB - Update company

You can only select FIXASS module LUs to save time.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you - I updated the company for the FIXASS LUs, but am receiving the same error when trying to open the FA code part.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @cynthia.wilson ,

After updating FIXASS  module via Company window, you will get a message, “Company Updated with Error. Press Yes to open Company Log.”. Click Yes and you can check the Company Component Log. 

Check the Status of  Component - FIXASS and right click the line and go to Company Log Details. 

Refer to column - “Message Text/ Error Text”, check if there’s any error message.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @cynthia.wilson ,

Could you please check if you correctly set up all the data in the Accounting Rules tab in the Company window? I have handled a case in the past where a similar error was triggered due to missing basic data in the Accounting Rules tab.

Then check if your company is included under companies for the user.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

It seems my issues stem from companies that were set-up on Apps 7.5 didn’t pick up what was needed for the FIXASS module when we went to Apps 10.  When I originally updated the company I left the Source Company as it was (13 in the below) which was also migrated from Apps 7.5, nothing updated.

I took another look with a colleague and we tried checking the ‘Choose Company Template as Source’ and using the STD template.  That worked, and the errors generated during the update were all due to posting controls, etc not yet set-up so were not true problems.  I’ve been able to move forward to setting the module up.