Solved

Set Posting Control- Code part: Project that requiered activity sequence no.

• 9 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

How to set a Posting Control for a Code part: Project that requiere an activity sequence no. to complete the posting, where can we indicate the activity sequence no. in this cases. 

in this company the Code Part Project is required/obligatory for most account.

icon

Best answer by Thanushi Jayaweera 9 June 2021, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ConAlberM ,

I think it isn’t possible to connect ‘Project Activity’ in ‘Posting Control’ window. When ‘Project’ code part is selected, it will be possible to connect the available projects, but not the activity sequence. 

For an example, I am having M92 Posting Type connected to ‘Project’ code part and control type ‘C5’ (Site). So in Posting Control Details I am allowed to connect sites to projects, but not activity sequences. 

This seems to be the standard functionality of the application. However, if you think it is a bug, you may raise a case with IFS Support to further investigate. 

Also, if there’s any other method available to do this, I would also be happy to get to know that :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ConAlberM,

As per the screen capture which you have attached, you have selected the Control Type as AC1 - Fixed Value. When fixed value is selected you will not be able to select multiple activity sequence numbers or values. The application will fetch the value which is set in the default value field.

As Sugandi has mentioned above, I doubt if you can give activity sequence of projects as control types. However, you can give the Project to fetch the control type accordingly.

I think setting the activity sequence number as a control type will need to be achieved as a customization through IFS Consultancy.

Best Regards,
Thanushi