Question

Revise data after close inventory period

• 2 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have question that I have close inventory period in menu “Inventory / Basic Data / Statistic Periods” and I already transfer transaction of inventory (Menu: Inventory / Transaction History / Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period)

But afterward I found some data was wrong so I need to revise the data and close period again.

I’m not sure that it’s can do it or not and have any concern the other data or not?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The answer is No, you cannot roll back changes once you run Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period.

1.) Create a transaction, but do not transfer it to GL.
2.) Execute Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period (so the transaction in checked as being ‘Incl Part Aggr per Period’)
3.) RMB on the transaction to ‘Modify date applied’ the error ‘The Transaction is Processed by Inventory Statistics Update.  Data cannot be modified’ appears. 

In APP8 with Bug ID# 104595, R&D introduced a Cuttoff Date for Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period. 

I tell my IFS customers to run the Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period, with a cutoff date 1 day prior to the period end.  This way you still have and opportunity to modify your data, on the last day of the period.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve your issue, or if you need further assistance.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

One more thing, for your existing data that you cannot change, see if your finance department can create manual journal entries to move the accounting / money from one period into the newest period.