Solved

Reversing External Voucher

• 20 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have accruals that I want to upload instead of manually enter. Can external vouchers auto-reverse? 

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 23 January 2023, 23:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi ,

Please refer post 

GL reversing entries | IFS Community

this might help your requirement.

Best regards,

Kanishka

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Regarding the previous suggestion, I don’t believe a simulation voucher type is the “right” solution for what is a common request in North America.   Typically, when we talk about a reversing entry, we refer to an accrual where we want the results posted to period 1, then reversed in period 2.  In IFS terms, this is called an interim voucher.   In this we have an existing voucher in the manual voucher entry screen / process then we use the option to create an Interim voucher. That creates the reversing entry - typically the first day of the next period.  In all reality you can select nearly any date assuming the period is open. 

The process would be to load the external voucher. Then in the manual voucher area use the option to create an interim voucher.  This is a good process as the two vouchers are connected within IFS. 

Another - less desirable solution would be to include both entries (period 1 and period 2) within the same file.  The downside is those are not connected via IFS. the connection would be based on the text and reference data on the voucher rows.  You would still need a balanced entry per voucher date (period). 

I guess the best solution really depends on needs.  100 individual vouchers each needing to be reversed may suggest one solution. One voucher with 100 lines that needs to be reversed would imply a different solution. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Do not use simulation voucher.  We thought that would work but they do not carry forward to the new year if using balance sheet accounts in your vouchers and you have to remember to select “simulation” when looking at GL balance Analysis.   As Thomas replied, your only option is to manually do it by using interim voucher or upload it.   This would be an ideal enhancement I would say! :)