Solved

Reversing employee Payment in Full

• 29 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi there

I have created employee payment in full, but I need to reverse this payment, can anyone give me any guidance as to how I can do this, as its already posted voucher type S to Sundry creditors.

When try to delete this do not give me option to delete as its says “you are not allowed to delete Authorised, Paid or transferred payment.”

How do I correct this entry as its was done in error.

Thanks

Swati

icon

Best answer by Dhananga Jayatilake 29 September 2021, 03:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Swati 

I would like to recommend a workaround to enter an expense sheet for a negative amount to set off against the original payment and then pay.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Dhananga good morning

Thank you for the suggestion I will do that.

One final question on this employee expenses. I notice that  this has transfered transaction both Expense and payment in sundry creditor, but no impact on bank account, so this transaction does not appear in bank on ifs for Bank reconciliation. am I missing a step or do I need to set something else in the set up.

Thanks

Swati

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Swati 

Have you posted vouchers created to the General Ledger.

Once the vouchers are updated from hold table to the general ledger GL bank account should reflect the transactions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Dhanaga

The way we are posting expenses is once expenses are authorised they are posted to sundry creditors and when employee is is paid the expense this transaction is posted via Mixed payment  to sundry creditors.

is this this only to way of posting employee payment so it appears in bank rec? Or can this step be done via employee payment?? (Ie once employee expenses are paid or payment file created how do we get this to post via bank for it appear in bank reconciliation)

I am hoping this would  be similar to doing supplier payment proposal or once payment is updated it appears in bank rec as well as in GL.

I don’t understand why this it’s not similar process for employee expense, Unless we are missing step.

could please shed some light on this.

Thanks you

Swati