Request to remove SchmeNm in ISO20022 XML

• 5 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

We are canadian company, and are testing ISO20022 ACH payment with the bank. 

The bank is requesting us to remove below tag <SchmeNM>, which is believed from our Cash Account(****116) info,  as the bank error message shows below:

*********************************************************************************************

One of the extra tags in your file is making the Matching Out Country Code appear as US instead of CAD.

FILE REJECTED

YOUR FILE HAS FAILED STRUCTURAL VALIDATION CHECKS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS.

3 payment(s) failed during enrichment for the following reason [No Customer-Channel association found for the Sender ID [463187096] , Channel ID [127989], Matching Key [CPRA], Payment Type [SACH], Matching Routing Code/Account Number [00247696****116], Matching Out Country Code [US], Matching Out Currency Code [USD]]

**********************************************************************************************

from the XML file, below <SchmeNM> is requested to be removed from our XML file.

My question is:

Any workaround available without modification? we don’t specify any schema code in our Cash Account, system auto prompts the BBAN value. what it should be for a Canadian company?

Thank you. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@ronhu  I haven’t received this feedback before from any bank. It looks like you are dealing with the Bank of Nova Scotia. You can verify with them whether they expect any specific value or complete omission of the specified block. It is not possible to remove this element without doing a minor adjustment in the transformer level.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@ronhu Making a modification in the transformer is not a difficult task to do so I would just use the standard transformer and then add an extra transformer in the routing address which just removes the tag you do not want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kvbe yes, thank you for your input. I am requesting technical to make a modification now.