Question

Request external webshop-punch out bypasses mandatory pre-posting of cost center

• 28 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a problem to get the mandatory code part preposting to kick in using the external web shop/punchout in 22R1

Purchase request created directly in IFS: Mandatory pre-posting on cost center is working fine. In the shopping cart, on the other hand, there is an option to specify cost center on the line. Even if I do not add a cost center it is possible to submit the purchase rows.

The button "Submit purchase order lines" should not be possible to use until the mandatory cost center is in place on the lines.

I have been able to ascertain that IFS did not build support for mandatory purchase groups on non article purchases, that I also need, in the 22R1 version, it is in place in the 22R2 version.

Anyone who has a clue about mandatory costcenter related to external webshop? If anyone has- please let me know.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Lena, 
Adding the answer here for others awareness as well.

We can at the moment not force the pre-posting in the shopping cart. For cost centers, the idea is more that you could set up a default cost center for the user and that it will be picked up automatically to the cart lines, rather than the end-users having to fill it in manually.

If you have mandatory pre-posting set up, you can submit the cart, but the process will stop with a released Purchase Requisition and you need to enter the pre-posting before converting to an order.

//Henrik

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Just adding a comment.   The default cost center per employee does not work in many cases.   In many cases the user placing the request is not the receiver of the goods. For example, person XYZ may enter orders for multiple departments / employees / departments.  A default based on the employee would then produce bad results. 

Best regards

Thomas