Reprint tax report not possible

• 10 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi

When i try to reprint the tax report…

i get the following error message:

I compared the tax template ID but couldnt find anything anusual compared to the other tax templates. I must mentioned it is an italian localisation activated and it is italian sales tax which doesnt work. Purchase Report works fine.

Any idea how to solve this error message?

Best Regards

Sophal

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,  

I think existence of tax summarized report (based on sales and purchase registers of same period) is a problem here - system is not allowing changes in sales book if it is included in another report.

Is it the case? It is hard to tell from the screenshot you have shared..

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello,  

I think existence of tax summarized report (based on sales and purchase registers of same period) is a problem here - system is not allowing changes in sales book if it is included in another report.

Is it the case? It is hard to tell from the screenshot you have shared..

Hi Adam

Yes the reports sales and purchase are in the same period but with different proposal ID

When i try to to print for example the proposal ID 33 then i dont get the error message i on ly get the error when i try to print the sales for example proposal ID17.

You saying that whenever i Use tax transaction in several tax proposal then i get the Error Message? so i compared taxproposal 19 and 32

then i realized the tax transaction in 32

are also available in proposal 19 (see couple first lines)

could be that the issue?

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 
Italian localization tends to be restrictive; I think Italian tax reports are connected. I have Italian localization activated in my environment, but I am using older IFS version and this error message does not exist here. In fact we are not generating summarized report at all - only sales and purchase registers and WHT report. 

Please check:

• what is the latest tax year and period of VAT summarized report printed as definitive (tax proposal in Reported/Valid status)
  • is it possible to reprint definitive sales report of the same last period?
  • Is it possible to reprint sales report for previous period?

I have a potential workaround in mind: perhaps it will be possible to reprint definitive sales report if later summarized reports are in status “Invalid” and “Created” - for this purpose you could create summarized report proposal for same period as existing blocking proposal (so this proposal will get Reported/Invalid status), then reprint sales report, remove additional proposal and validate again invalid one. 
In general, I think that good idea is to store definitive printouts in pdf somewhere, to eliminate need of reprint definitive reports. We have adopted this procedure for Italian journal reports.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, 
Italian localization tends to be restrictive; I think Italian tax reports are connected. I have Italian localization activated in my environment, but I am using older IFS version and this error message does not exist here. In fact we are not generating summarized report at all - only sales and purchase registers and WHT report. 

Please check:

• what is the latest tax year and period of VAT summarized report printed as definitive (tax proposal in Reported/Valid status)

I have a potential workaround in mind: perhaps it will be possible to reprint definitive sales report if later summarized reports are in status “Invalid” and “Created” - for this purpose you could create summarized report proposal for same period as existing blocking proposal (so this proposal will get Reported/Invalid status), then reprint sales report, remove additional proposal and validate again invalid one. 
In general, I think that good idea is to store definitive printouts in pdf somewhere, to eliminate need of reprint definitive reports. We have adopted this procedure for Italian journal reports.

HI Adam

I have checked your questions. The last Period ist 2022-2 for sales, summarized and purchase. I can print all of them because they are in status created. I can print the preliminary report. The period 2022 is also in status created for all of the 3 reports. 2021-12 is the last period which is reported/closed status and i cannot print the 2021-12 period. 

I Dont know what you meant with “existing blocking proposal”. 

you are saying i should create a summarized report again for a period in status reported/closed. Is this what you mean by “existing blocking”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, you can try this option (at test database?) - create summarized report for 2021-12, this will make existing proposal “invalid”. Do not acknowledge or print this new proposal, just try to reprint sales register for 2021-12. In case of success - you will be able to delete this new summarized proposal for 2021-12 and validate old one again...

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, 

Please check:

HI Adam

I have checked your questions. The last Period ist 2022-2 for sales, summarized and purchase. I can print all of them because they are in status created. I can print the preliminary report. The period 2022 is also in status created for all of the 3 reports. 2021-12 is the last period which is reported/closed status and i cannot print the 2021-12 period. 

I Dont know what you meant with “existing blocking proposal”. 

you are saying i should create a summarized report again for a period in status reported/closed. Is this what you mean by “existing blocking”?

Hi Adam

Ah this italian localization is very restrictive :(. I tried to create an additional proposal for the same Report No. in an existing period but it wont let me create a proposal.

Do you think that i need to address this to IFS support? or do you have an other idea?

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can you consider removing summarized report proposals in Created status?  42 and 45 in your screenshot… You will be able to recreate them later. 

If it does not help, I am afraid I cannot suggest you anything more, and support case could be the only option. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Can you consider removing summarized report proposals in Created status?  42 and 45 in your screenshot… You will be able to recreate them later. 

If it does not help, I am afraid I cannot suggest you anything more, and support case could be the only option. 

Hi Adam 

Thanks for the solution. unfortunately i cannot delete these proposals since it is in PROD and i dont know if they made any changes to the existing proposals in status created. I have now raised a ticket for the ifs support. I will keep this case updated for the community.

Best Regards

Sophal