Question

Project on voucher after project completion

• 21 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear all,

After the completion of a project (Financials → Project Accounting → Project) via RMB Project Completion the project isn't transferd to the create P voucher when I look at the voucher detail analysis

The credit amount is booked with the expected transaction GP3. The debet amount however is booked with the transaction PROJECTREPOSTING where the transaction PROJECT is expected.

In the setup of the posting controls GP3 is et-up as follow

The result of the completion is:

Must this be defined at the project groups? Is this then defined for all projects?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello,

Please check if you have reposting rule defined on your project - and how it is defined (does it include project id?). 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello,

First, no reposting rule was defined .

Later defined the project in the reposting like shown below.

Do we have to define a reposting rule at every project when it's set-up or is it also possible to do some customizing so that is't automaticly filled just like the account?

Regards Raymond

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello,

PROJECTREPOSTING transaction is triggered if reposting rule exists. And posting created follows reposting rule (at least it should).

In case reposting rule does not exist - historical capitalization of costs and/or revenues is simply reversed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

In case of periodical capitalization, you have specific posting type (GP16 and GP17, at  least in case of my installation) and all code parts except account are copied from source revenue entry (or overwritten by code string completion from account - the only code part driven by posting type)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Adam,

I'm a bit confused.

When I don't give a project ID but only an account at the reposting rule the transaction PROJECTREPOSTING.

I expected the transaction code PROJECT when i give a Project ID.

But any how.

The Project _ID is taken over on the voucher when it's filled in the reposting rule.

On my project Account was defined on the tabe reposting rule.

Is it also possible to automatic fill the project_ID on the tab reposting rule?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I think Transaction PROJECT is generated only in case of transactional capitalization when no reposting rule exists. 

As per my understanding, reposting rule is needed in case specific posting is required, e.g. fixed asset is created as a result of the project. If you want just to reinstate WIP in your profit and loss report, simple reversal of capitalization is enough.