Solved

Project Delivery - Wrong GL Account posted

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

wondering how to fix this issue. now at GL, we realized the wrong GL account 5500 is posted for project issue(PROJISS). Please refer to the screenshots attached. 

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 11 July 2022, 20:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
M62 posting type is responsible for project costs in PROJISS business event - please check the setup of this posting in Accounting rules/Posting control - how the account is selected.

In terms of correction, I am not sure if it is reasonable to perform detailed corrections in Distribution (receipt from project and new issue with updated posting control). Alternative is to use manual voucher in Finance for reclassification of incorrectly posted project costs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Thank you Adam. I will follow your advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Hope you are doing good.

I checked the M62 posting type in our system, it is set up to 5506. please refer to the attached screenshot. wondering where the 5500 setup is, is it  set up in financial project? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

I have double checked your screenshots and account 5500 is posted on CREDIT side. It is not M62 then, but opposite side posting. Is it inventory account (M1 posting type)? Please check which transaction code is used on these voucher rows? Transaction code will guide you to relevant posting type - or automatic posting rule setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda You are correct. Thank you Adam.