Question

Printing Supplier Checks

• 15 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello Everyone,

We are installing APPS 10 UD8 in the U.S. and there is a requirement to print checks to pay some of our suppliers.  I’m hoping those of you who have experience in this area can give me some advice on how we should proceed. 

The check form we will be using to print checks on is blank which means in addition to the supplier payment information (name, amount, payment details) we also need to print company information such as company name, address and image.  The MICR line must be printed as well with the company bank account number, bank routing number, and check number.   The MICR line must also be in a special font, E13b.

Once approach we are considering is using the IFS report LASER_PRINT_CHECK_REP and modifying it to meet our requirements.  The standard XML is missing key data elements but it seems most of the data is in IFS or can be added.

Has anyone else used this same approach? If so, how did you handle the special font requirement for the MICR line.   Or if you have better or standard way please let me know. 

Thank you,
Chris

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @cjones_saab ,

I did quick internal check and when it comes to special front requirement. You may;

1. Install fonts in the Report Developer's machine
2. Go to IFS Application solution manager\operational report\Report Fonts and install required font
3. Install font in report Designer Tools/Add Fonts
4. Use the font in reports designer.

Further if you wish to explore reports options with crystal repots , refer into below link ;

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/010_overview/255_br_and_a/012_ad_hoc_reporting/020_Crystal_Reports/default.htm

Hope this will help you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, we’ve done the same as your suggestion.

Created a modified version of the laser_print_check_rep for our exact layout.

We loaded a font called micrenc.ttf to make everything work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you.  Do you load the font micrenc.ttf in Solution Manager/operational report\Report Fonts or some other location?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, it looks like we had the font loaded in the Report Fonts.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello ShawnBerk - I’m  reviving this old topic again.    We are in the development stage of modifying the standard laser print layout.  Our developer is having some trouble locating a suitable location to download (and possibly purchase) the MICR E13B font. It appears we have to make sure the font is properly licensed for embedding in PDF documents, as well as for use at both the client and report side. (Per IFS Technical Docs )

Do you have a recommended site where you purchased the font for use in your check printing process?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@cjones_saab 

We didn’t buy it, but did find a GNU General Public License version that we implemented.  

It came from here:

https://sandeen.net/GnuMICR/

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you.  I will check this out.