Question

Previewing Customer Statement of account

• 4 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi all,

IFSAPP 10 upd 14.

We have a background routine that sends out customer statements on preview like many however there are some customers that the report pop up box does not open. It just runs the job and send the email.

Typically this is “fixed” by changing the output media on customer record which then allows the preview. This is a tedious thing to do when you want to just preview it.

I understand its automation in mind but i do not understand why some customers get the preview box and others don't even though both have an AR contact and an Email comm method?

Is there a tick box for previewing on some customers?

Thanks

Dan

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DBowden ,

To get the report pop up box, the relevant customer output media needs to be set as ‘Printout’ in the customer screen > payment tab under AR Customer Contact section.

Kindly check whether that helps.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks for reply but i was asking why some customers with output media set to email get the print preview but others do not. All of them have email set.

Changing the output each time you need to preview is not a streamlined process to preview for an accounts person.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DBowden ,

Do you get the same behavior in both IEE and Aurena clients? 

Best Regards,

Yasanthi 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @DBowden 

I have just done an analysis of this and my conclusion is the following:

When you press OK in the "Customer Statement of Account" pop-up, there are two things that affect whether or not you subsequently get the print dialog box.
1. "Output Media" on the customer = "Printout"
2. If ”Output Media” <> ’Printout’ AND Amount Due/Open Amount Sum = 0, then you still get the print dialog box.