Question

"Preview" of invoice doc on Instant Authorisation

• 21 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 351 replies

Does anyone know what it is that determines whether or not you see a document preview in top right of Instant Authorization screen?

Many thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Linda,

As per my understanding, if you have attached a document in Posting Proposal window, it will be shown in the Instant Authorization screen. Either you can add it manually or in the case of e-invoicing it will be automatically attached.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

If you have attached a document as Rajith explained, but still not showing in Instant Authorization window, then check the relevant application for the attached file type, connected to the default browser.

Because, the default browser set up for your computer is used when previewing the document in this window.

For an example, if it is a PDF file, check whether you have a PDF viewer ( Acrobat reader or any other) connected to the default browser in your computer.

Best Regards,

Chirantha.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks, guys, I’ll test this out and check our setup.  

Would this be the same as e-invoicing for inter/intra company invoicing where invoices are “sent” via MHS and managed via “External Supplier...” functionality?

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I have tested as you suggested - attaching document at Posting Proposal screen - but unfortunately the document (pdf) did not appear in Instant Authorisation screen.  And, yes, I do have a pdf viewer installed.  

My search to unravel this mystery goes on!

Badge +1

Hi Linda

Have you tried to set Adobe Reader as your default PDF reader?

BR Ann-Cathrin

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for the response @PGSANNCBERG.  Adobe is already set as default reader but we’re in a ‘sometimes we see, sometimes we don’t see’ situation so I’m not sure it’s to do with PDF reader setup…

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you have attached a document  , but still not showing in Instant Authorization window, then check the relevant application for the attached file type, connected to the default browser.

Because, the default browser set up for your computer is used when previewing the document in this window.

For an example, if it is a PDF file, check whether you have a PDF viewer ( Acrobat reader or any other) connected to the default browser in your computer.

Here are some information regarding the PDF viewer .

• If it does not work because of Internet explorer (Older versions)

Go to customer machine IE browser

check whether it is enabled or not . enable it and try again. Close all browsers and IEE clients start IEE and proceed again .

• Acrobat Reader IX related

I found something that seems to work. I opened Adobe Reader XI, clicked Edit and Settings. Then, to the left I selected Internet, and then I unchecked the box "Display in read mode by default". Then I restarted my computer and now it works.

• Acrobat Reader DC related

It seems the issue happens because of the third party software Adobe Acrobat.

• Acrobat Reader DC related

It seems the issue happens because of the third party software Adobe Acrobat.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Chamma

I’m using Chrome not IE.  PDF settings in Chrome are set to “Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome”.

I have Acrobat Reader DC.  Are you suggesting “Enable Protected Mode at startup” should be ticked?

Thanks