Solved

Preposting not being mapped on M30

• 15 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello to the community, 

I am trying to get the prepostings on the customer invoice header to map on the M30 but it is not working.

I have the M103 setup with the c58 (mandatory preposting). the postings errors show that there is a missing value for M30 with C13 control type because I didn’t set it up correctly, not wanting data to get pulled from posting control but from preposting. 

Does anyone by any chance know why values from preposting aren’t being pulled to M30 ?

Thank you

Tanya

icon

Best answer by Malgorzata Palatynska 15 March 2024, 18:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @MelTanyaS 

Did you change the override setup for M30? You need to select Allowed so system can override with preposting value.

See help description for the field

Override
Allowed or Not Allowed is displayed automatically and can be changed. This indicates whether the code string completion can override a current posting control instruction. Note: This will include preposting defined in IFS Manufacturing/IFS Distribution/IFS Maintenance.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

Thanks for the idea, just tried this but it didn’t work; I also deleted the M30 posting controls on all code parts except for the code part A, so that the system takes preposting information from customer invoice header but it didn’t work neither. 

If you think of another possible solution, please let me know :)

Best regards

Tanya

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @MelTanyaS 

I assume that you have checked if entered value for code D is valid for transaction date ?

BTW - ‘Override’ on posting types does not apply to pre-posting. This parameter is intended only for Code String Completion.

The order in which postings operate: 

1. pre-posting
  2. code string completion - if override is allowed
  3. posting rules

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @Malgorzata Palatynska 

Yes I always edit validity date of posting type for 01/01 of current year and i’ve done my transactions today so should have worked.

If you think of any other reason for system behavior let me know plz 

Best regards,

Tanya

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello @MelTanyaS 

Can you please get back to your customer order and check if you the pre-posting on order lines is filled in ?

Posting type M30 posts revenue from sale, so pre-posting on order lines should be filled in.

If you add pre-posting on customer order header before adding order lines, then pre-posting will be inherited to pre-posting on order lines. However, if you first add order line and then fill in pre posting on customer order header then pre-posting on order line should be filled in directly on order lines. For this purpose posting type M104 should be defined.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @Malgorzata Palatynska 

Thanks for your reply, indeed the preposting on CO header is filled after CO line is added since CO is received through MHS and created automatically.

I was able to add preposting on CO line level, i was wondering if there is any other way to have the preposting on header inherited on line level without manual intervention even if preposting is added after CO line creation ?

Thanks a lot :)