Question

Prelim Supplier Invoices - Year End - Apps9

• 2 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 358 replies

I’m sure this will have come up before though I can’t see any questions.  

Since we made the mistake in year 1 of having Apps9 (!), at year end we have always removed any Prelim Supplier Invoices that we knew weren’t going to be finally posted in current year. 

Is this something everyone else has to do, or is there some other approach/workaround/trick we are missing/setup we are misunderstanding?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Any reason we shouldn’t do this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello Linda.

Normally, all invoices related to a certain period should be posted in the same period.

If you have the number series so that they always start on “11111111” then you will have the same invoice numbers each year. If you instead have the number series starting with the year, this value will always be unique (eg 2023111111).

If you have the final invoice (J voucher) with the same number as the preliminary invoice (I voucher) then the invoice could be posted back to the unclosed year if that is what is decired. 

This is not a required solution but an optional solution.

In the case of having an open preliminary invoice in an old year, you normally need to decide if the invoice belongs to old year or new year. If the invoice is to be posted on the new year, then the preliminary invoice should be moved and posted as well in the new year.

Hope this gave you some answers.

Denny

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks Denny.  We have “same number for I & J” setting.  We are trying to avoid having to remove Prelim Invoices that haven’t been fully posted at year end.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hello Linda.

Normally, all invoices related to a certain period should be posted in the same period.

If you have the number series so that they always start on “11111111” then you will have the same invoice numbers each year. If you instead have the number series starting with the year, this value will always be unique (eg 2023111111).

If you have the final invoice (J voucher) with the same number as the preliminary invoice (I voucher) then the invoice could be posted back to the unclosed year if that is what is decired. 

This is not a required solution but an optional solution.

In the case of having an open preliminary invoice in an old year, you normally need to decide if the invoice belongs to old year or new year. If the invoice is to be posted on the new year, then the preliminary invoice should be moved and posted as well in the new year.

Hope this gave you some answers.

Denny

Hi Denny

I don’t think we are wanting to back-post final invoices.  We just need a solution where we don’t have to remove Prelim Invoices before Year End.

Linda