PP3 and Preposting

• 3 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 28 replies

Hi.

For the Posting Type PP3, it is possible to use AC2 Preposting as Control Type!

If Customer Payment is used in combination with Discount Amount, how do we enter a Preposting?

In this view, Preposting seems only to be available for Payment on Account. 

Are there any other way, where a Preposting for the discount can be entered? Have tried to enter it on the matched invoice/order. However, it does not do any difference. 

Any ideas?

Regards 

Brian Sandfeld

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Brian,

The pre posting for cash disc will be taken from your ledger item. Check whether you have pre postinngs for the invoice, if not manualy add the relevent code part details in pre posting tab of the invoice. ( If you want you re post the code parts by adding the details to the voucher lines ass well ) 

As of my knowledger, the pre postings for payment deviations can not be altered at the payment, it is defaulted from your invoice. In my opinion, it serves for the purpose. You need to reconginize the cost assoictaed from these discounts to the same code part registerd for the relevent leger item…..?

Best regards,
Chirantha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @BRSA ,

The PP3 is for the discount posting control for cash application, but the preposting flows from the invoice, you cannot RMB on the payment itself and prepost as i’m aware. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi

Thanks for the answer.

I got Preposting on the Invoice:

However, there is no way I can get the Payment discount (PP3) to pick the preposting.

Is PP3 in any way able to fetch Preposting from the Invoice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @BRSA ,

Is PP3 has been enabled for pre-posting from posting controls ?

Usually, if the posting control PP3 is configured to use preposting, value for CostCenter, Unit, Type and Segement from the invoice will appear to PP3 voucher row.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

HI @BRSA ,

Usually, if the posting control PP3 is configured to use preposting, value for CostCenter, Unit, Type and Segement from the invoice will appear to PP3 voucher row.

Hi

The preposting on Customer Order/Customer Invoice is depending M104. 

The Cash Discount on the Customer Payment is depending on PP3. 

If both M104 and PP3 is set for preposting on the relevant Code Part.

Will PP3 then inherit the Preposting from M104 (Customer Invoice), when doing a Cash Discount from Customer Payment? (Payment of matched Invoice)  

It is not working for me, but maybe I am overlooking something?

Regards

Brian

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

HI @BRSA ,

Hi

The preposting on Customer Order/Customer Invoice is depending M104. 

The Cash Discount on the Customer Payment is depending on PP3. 

If both M104 and PP3 is set for preposting on the relevant Code Part.

Will PP3 then inherit the Preposting from M104 (Customer Invoice), when doing a Cash Discount from Customer Payment? (Payment of matched Invoice)  

It is not working for me, but maybe I am overlooking something?

Regards

Brian

Hi Xavier

Both PP3 and M104 is set up for Preposting and the invoice does have Preposting entered. Unfortunately it still doesn't give the wanted result. Are you sure about the functionality you describe?

Regards

Brian