Solved

Posting type TX8 Expenses claim

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

Some expense sheets cannot be authorized, and the error message is “Posting type TX8 is missing in Posting Control”. 

Though I understand that TX8 is used when posting expenses are done in foreign currency. 

Here the expenses are in local currency. 

Any idea why this error message would pop up? 

Thank you very much

Aurelia 

icon

Best answer by gumabs 16 February 2023, 15:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Aurelia 

Do you have parallel currency in your company? Can it be due to rounding difference in parallel currency?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Per what I read on the posting type - TX8 was for differences.  Transaction currency is probably the most common cause of difference, but it would appear that’s not the only type of difference.  

My recommendation is do the exact same transaction in test, make sure the TX8 is set up to allow the posting, then complete the transaction and review the results. 

If this is test, even better, set up TX8 to work, then review the results and analyze why the TX8 occurred.  IMO this is far easier than trying to assess why TX8 was attempted. In other words, if we see the posting lines and amounts it’s easier to put the pieces together and see what caused the transaction.  Right now - without the posting lines and amounts - we are guessing as to what caused the difference. 

Best regards, 

Badge +1

Thanks a lot for your answers, it was indeed due to rouding in the paralell currency