Solved

Posting proposal - PO line was deleted - how to fix it / reverse

• 11 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi IFS community,

The goods were delivered to our facility, they were registered via register purchase order arrivals. 

We created the invoice, we typed in the number of the PO in ´Manual Supplier Invoice´. We went to posting proposal tab and we accidentally deleted the line , which was pulled in automatically when the goods were registered via register purchase order arrival tab from my understanding.

Is there a way to bring it back or to reverse it?

icon

Best answer by gumabs 12 February 2023, 17:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Quickest easiest way is to just cancel the Preliminary Invoice and start again.

Otherwise, you can add the line, but you’ll need to reconnect to the receipt. 

Cancelling a preliminary invoice takes much less time than any other version in my opinion.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi!

One way is to re-enter the Po ref in the head and save. As 2nd option you can RMB and do manual matching. Third is as already mentioned to cancel and redo.

/Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @ShawnBerk & @lisvse

Thank you very much for your responses

Quickest easiest way is to just cancel the Preliminary Invoice and start again.

Otherwise, you can add the line, but you’ll need to reconnect to the receipt. 

Cancelling a preliminary invoice takes much less time than any other version in my opinion.

Is it possible to connect the receipt in posting proposal somehow? I mean, is there a function for it, when the goods are received and registered in ´Register Purchase Order Arrivals´ tab is there a function to connect it to posting proposal? We don´t want to cancel the invoice, we´d cancel it if there is no other way.

Hi!

One way is to re-enter the Po ref in the head and save. As 2nd option you can RMB and do manual matching. Third is as already mentioned to cancel and redo.

/Linda

I added a line in posting proposal and I tried to type in the original content of that line but I got this error message instead. It didn´t allow me to type in the number of the PO, the delivery number either.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Máté Kubicsek 

There is a basic data for matching parameter on supplier master.

If the PO matching on supplier is PO Header or PO Receipt then click with right mouse on header of posting proposal window, select Purchasing and then Match PO Receipts. Find your lines and match.

If the PO matching on supplier is PO Line then click with right mouse on lines and posting info section of posting proposal window, select Match PO Receipts per line. Find your lines and match.

Alternatively you can use Match Invoice with New PO Receipts function to match invoices with receipts in the background. You can schedule it so IFS can match automatically for you.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Máté Kubicsek 

See earlier answer from @gumabs regarding how to do manual matching. You cannot add a manual posting line and enter matching information. That always needs to be done by using Manual or Automatic matching option. 

You can as well re-enter the PO Ref in the Posting Proposal head and save and it will do the matching again. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Badge +3

Invoice status is prel posted  

to solve the issue, just cancel the invoice and enter it again and you can match it again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Elias , 

If the matched line is accidently deleted there is no need to cancel the whole invoice and enter again. Instead manual matching option can be used as described earlier or re-enter the PO Ref in the Posting Proposal head or use the Match Invoices with New PO Receipt option. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Badge +3

Yes, Agree it could be matched again.