Solved

Posting proposal invoice date, voucher date and PO receipt date

• 5 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 21 replies

Hi,

Can we final post an external supplier based on invoice date instead of the PO actual arrival date?  

I receive an invoice from supplier dated 2 May and good arrive on 5 May and we register arrival on 5 May.  During posting proposal we are unable to  post it based on invoice date, instead the system give us the below error message.  Is there anywhere in the application we can configure in order to book invoice date as voucher date?  

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 10 May 2023, 12:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
I am not sure if you are realizing the reason for current system behavior. 
PO receipts are booked as Debit M1 - stock and credit M10 - Invoices not yet received. 
Then invoice is posted credit IP1 supplier account and debit M18 - invoices not yet received. 
From balance sheet perspective, account used in M10/M18 should have balance on credit side (and is presented as accrual for missing/expected supplier invoices).
Booking invoice before receipt would lead to have M18 balance on debit side - and debit balance should be presented as accrual for stock items not yet arrived. 
This is why we have possibility of two-steps supplier invoice posting - I voucher posted on debit side of IP5 posting (goods/services not yet received - accrual) and J voucher documenting receipt of goods/services - which must happen after posting of receipt.

Badge +5

@Adam Bereda thank you so much for the explanation.