Question

Posting INVREVAL+ (Inventory Value Increase)

• 16 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello,

Can you tell me if you too have had this M8 posting triggered when cancelling a reception?

I saw a similar ticket on community and they talk about inventory at the time of the action to cancel the reception. I have an action in 1 MM interval or I receive in stock the same article since an OF. 

Do you think this could explain it? Because obviously I can't reproduce the same flow and my customer is asking me why? 

Thank you for your help 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @audreyS 

Can you please go to inventory transactions history window and search for all transactions of this PO number. Make a screen shot and post here. 

Also please go to inventory part window and make a screen shot of cost control section.

I will describe in which case this happens based on your example.

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello @gumabs 

Hello

Here are the screenshots 

On the other hand, on the same day on the same article 1mm apart there was an OOREC

Could that be it? 

thanks for your help

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @audreyS 

It is not about OOREC itself. I will try to describe step by step.

Lets say you have 1 pcs on hand with unit cost 300. Then you are purchasing 1 pcs of material for 200 and receive into inventory. Since your inventory valuation method is Weighted Average with cost level part, your new inventory value is 250 after your receipt.

Then you are moving inventory from one location to another (INVM-ISS/INVM-IN). IFS will move this 1 pcs value as 250.

Then you decide that you need to cancel receipt transaction. But latest transaction value of the part is 250. In the UNRCPT transaction, IFS balances value of inventory to value of PO. That is why you may have additional transaction with posting type M8 and M9 (INVREVAL+/INVREVAL-)

If you want to avoid this issue then you can maybe change part cost level to lot batch if you track the part with lot batch

Hope it is clear to understand

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello @gumabs 

Yes, I agree with you, but I cancelled the receipt before making the stock transfer movements and the purchase order has the same value. My customer often cancels receipts and this case has only happened once and I can't explain it.

and the stock transfer was done on 06/11 (INVM-ISS/INVM-IN) and my action was done on 25/10.

is it possible that this is due to a change in settings?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @audreyS 

If this happened only once then INVM-ISS/INVM-IN transactions should be already created. Please check transaction ID seq.

Only other hand, this is due to inventory valuation settings. You need to reconsider inventory valuation and/or cost level methods.

Hope this helps