Question

Posting Control PP37 Control Type IC5 Missing

• 16 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear Community,

When i am paying supplier advance through mixed payment PP37 triggers. I want to enable control type IC5 ( Preliminary Code) what's the way??

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Jewel,

if the control type is not available in the Posting Control (PP37) then you cannot use the Control Type. You need to check the available control types for the perfect fit as per process

Thank You

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I checked other environments , where IC5 is available in posting PP37 ( Standard) . I was wondering is there any setup to enable it for this environment  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’ve checked and in core this is not available as a control type for PP37 in Apps 10. So I have 2 questions:

1. What are you trying to achieve that only preliminary code can solve? 
  2. What environments did you check where this is available? What makes that environment/company different to a core database? is localisation applied, do they have modifications or is it a different version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, 
Preliminary code can be provided on supplier invoice only. 

If you are using advance invoice functionality (invoice arrives before payment is made) - preliminary code is (theoretically) available at the time of payment. 
But it is not the only way Payment in advance  is created. The other proc3ess is prepayment-based invoice, where payment is made without invoice reference and invoice come later. In such a case preliminary code is not available. That’s why in core solution this control type is not available for prepayment.