Solved

Posting control M15

• 11 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 7 replies

We are using apps 10 and i want to use the purchase order to send raw materials to the partner. The event PURSHIP with posting type  M1 M15 are used for this event. I use M1 to fetch the inventory account  using C32 control type but i request help to fetch the right account with M15. 

The issue i have is that posting type M15 is not based on the component part but on the parent part whatever the control type i used. 

When receiving the parent part two events are created. The ARRIVAl which is used when receiving part based on PO using and M10 and an other event POINV-WIP is created with M10 and M15. M15 amount value seems to be the sum of M15 value of the PO PURSHIP.

Actually i want to know what’s is the M15 purpose.

I am looking forwaerd to hearing from someone who was facing the same issue. 

Eventually i intend to simplify by using material to the supplier partener using  NREC and NISS but my customer seems want to use purchase order for that. 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 11 August 2021, 18:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

A finishing is ordered from the supplier. The finishing service is ordered. With the business event PURSHIP (M15 to M1) the goods are provided at the corresponding stock value. When the finished article is received, it is posted with the complete inventory value (provided part and finishing service) with ARRIVAL (M1 to M10). Automatically the provided article is booked out again with POINV-WIP (M10 to M15). As goods receipt only the processing service remains on the M10 account which is made against the invoice. The provided article is booked with M15.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hary,

In your post I see two main questions;

“know what’s is the M15 purpose” > this has been answered by above comment. 

The other question is; “posting type M15 is not based on the component part but on the parent part whatever the control type i used”.

I have noticed the similar behavior with latter. And yes, it does not really make sense why any given value of the parent part is fetched from Posting Control when the materials are shipped to supplier (PURSHIP transaction).

This seems like a bug, but final call is with IFS RnD, hence I urge you to report this to IFS.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, all,

As per my understanding M15 is “external” equivalent of M40 - Work in progress (at supplier site). That’s why M15 behaves in the same manner as M40. And it is how you should look at M15 balance. 

It is normally not important (from accounting point of view) what part category you have issued to supplier, but what you are going to receive. Issuing material to shop order you are increasing work in progress value of manufactured part. That’s why M15 is driven by parent part (manufactured/to be received) and not issued raw material part.