Question

Possible for an Invoice Per Order from Shipments with Multiple Orders??

• 21 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We have recently started utilizing IFS Shipments and really like the simplicity of having one pick list and one delivery note, regardless of how many orders are on a shipment.  However, when it comes to Invoices, especially EDI invoices, several of our customers require one invoice for each order.  When creating Shipment Invoices, is there a setting or a way to have this process create one invoice for each individual order on the shipment versus the consolidated invoice with all the orders on the shipment?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The customer needs setup with collective invoice as default (I think) and then this option looks to be by order (create collective invoices, RMB on the line and invoice by order).  I have not used it so you would need to test it.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Christy,

Thanks for the quick reply.  We do not want a consolidated invoice which is what “Create Shipment Invoices” does.  

Your second screenshot makes sense on the collective invoice and I will investigate on how to set the customer up for collective invoices.  

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I was in hopes that may help but as I said, I haver never tested it. 

Is your customer setup for normal invoice?

Best -

Christy

Badge +1

We are on Apps 10 update 12. I have tried the suggested steps above, but the result is still only one invoice for the shipment.

Here are the steps taken in the test:

• The customer is set to Collective invoice.
  • The shipment contains four different customer orders. 
  • Create collective invoice per order was selected. 
  • There was only one invoice created instead of the expected four invoices. 

What else needs to be selected to have one invoice per customer order when using shipments?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

What process are you using to create the invoices? Batch create shipment invoices?   Or Batch create invoices. 

I have a client with the exact same needs, and we do not create the shipment invoices - we use the create invoice process. - I know we are not using the collective invoice as previously documented. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I would like to know if there was any resolution for this. I have a similar request to handle. 😊

Thank you and Best regards,

Gayathrie