Solved

PO part order lines - Cost center & Stat group

• 14 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi IFS community,

When we create a PO for a part order line the pre posting window doesn´t show up when we are finished and this way we are unable to add the cost center and the stat group. 

Please, is there a way to fix this? A way where we could add the cost center and stat group. We tried adding them in part order line but it didn´t allow us.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 14 March 2023, 15:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Are the cost center and stat group both code parts?   Which IFS version are you using?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

We create the PO for materials which have part numbers within IFS.

I don´t know that. We are suing IFS10

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Code parts are elements within the GL structure.   Code parts can be used to automate posting to GL elements such as cost centers and stat groups.  You can also require preposting via the relevant posting controls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In posting control the “pre-posting” options is enabled when we add records for the pre-posting. 

Per your request, it sounds like you may want to enable the M102 or M108 posting types. The option would then be do you want mandatory or optional pre-posting.   You would have records similar to the below and choose either the AC2 “or” the C58 for a given posting type.   My screen sample shows the options, but at save we won’t allow both AC2 and C58 for the same posting type. 

If you want to enable this for another code part duplicate and change to a different code part name. 

Note - If you enable the M102 it will only affect the non-inventory type purchases, it generally will not affect true inventory related purchases. True project related pre-posting is the exception. 

Best regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @Thomas Peterson 

I did as you previously mentioned. After that, the pre-posting window appeared and we were able to fill out the CC and Stat Group. Thank you.