Question

Period Allocation Supplier Invoice

• 22 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how to use the function Period Allocation in Manual Supplier invoice as when I clic kon the box of Period Allocation it doesnt mark it. Even when I create a line with the account and Cost Cent it doesnt allow me also nothing when I do RMB on the line it doesnt pop up. Even in Posted Status it doesnt work. 

Is there some step by step setup guide to get this working? We already created voucher type X in all the periods for the year etc.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@RvdBos Period Allocation is done from the posting lines.

Please check below page that describes this activity.

Enter Period Allocation for Supplier Invoice (ifs.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Marcel,

Still no luck… 

We have the following:

1. We created Voucher Type X  and defined the voucher series per voucher type with the user groups
  2. We defined posting control GP2 (account Prepaid Expenses)

When we now create a supplier invoice with the cost account and we select the posting line and I click RMB I still dont see the option Period Allocation I also cant check the box Period Allocation.

What are we doing wrong here?

Badge +1

Hi Marcel,

Still no luck… 

We have the following:

1. We created Voucher Type X  and defined the voucher series per voucher type with the user groups
  2. We defined posting control GP2 (account Prepaid Expenses)

When we now create a supplier invoice with the cost account and we select the posting line and I click RMB I still dont see the option Period Allocation I also cant check the box Period Allocation.

What are we doing wrong here?

Have you posted the invoice? Invoice should be in posted state for option to be active.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@RvdBos in your example/screenshot, I see that the invoice is not matched with the PO and there are no posting lines. As @thanif  mentioned, please make sure the invoice is posted. The period allocation will have an impact on voucher lines, therefore the invoice must be posted (voucher should exist).

Below is a screenshot from IFS Cloud that once the invoice is posted, you should have a RMB option to create Periodical Allocation, but only from Posting Lines level.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi All,

Thanks for your help I think we have it working now. But will first try it out in our test environment

Badge +2

Hi @Marcel.Ausan 
When the Period Allocation is ready to use, Is it possible to apply it using the External Supplier Invoice assistant?

Regards