Question

Payment Way per institute Output directory with context substitution variable

• 11 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello,

With a global Installation of IFS and many different payment Institutes it is very cumbersome to handle the output file directories for payment files.

is there a way to use context subsitution variables to dynamically define the Output file directories per company, database, payment method …

How can this be handled in testing Environments to avoid creating Testfiles in the same Directory as productive System?

Johannes

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello Johannes,

If you are referring to XML based payment methods like SEPA or ISO20022, you can setup a routing rule and address to direct the file based on the parameters like Company, Payment Institute and Payment Method.

But, I can't think about a solution for native text file based format. Because, you have to define the file directory for each company separately in Payment Method per Institute Window.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello Eranda,

If I understand correctly, XML-based payment methods per institute are configurable in IFS connect. IFS connect supports the use context subsitution variables to dynamically define the Output file directories

Some other Formats are native text file based and require configuration of Output or Input file directory in frmPaymentMethodsPerInstitute.

Payment Methods per Institute

Is there any documentation available, which payment method requires which type of configuration?

Best regards

Johannes

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Johannes,

In standard application you can only find two main XML formats for supplier payment side. i.e SEPA and ISO20022 formats. For customer side, you can find SEPADD and SEPADB XML formats. You don't need to define client folder path for XML formats, because XML files are created in the path defined in IFS connect (for an example, path defined for FileSender1).

For all other native formats, you need to define a path in payment method per institute window (as per your screen image). 

I know you use SEPA format and have you started to work with non-SEPA XML format "ISO20022" ?

In Austrian perspective, most of the current text file based formats going to be obsolete.

Let me know whether you need more info.

Best Regards

Eranda