Question

ORA-20110 Inventory Part Cost Level must have value... Error at Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period

• 20 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

The background job for ‘Aggregate Inventory Transactions per period’ fails with the error message: ‘ORA-20110 Inventory Part Cost Level must have value’.  There is no detail in the background job that tells me which parts are implicated in the error.  Does anyone know how I can determine which parts are causing the error?  The Cost Control for inventory parts on the site is weighted average valuation method with an inventory part cost level = ‘Cost per Condition’.  

Thanks

Michelle

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

There are several ways to find part costs with zero.  One is to search on cost set one in the part cost table:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

It’s very common for weighted average costed parts “not” to have a cost in cost set 1.   The below samples do not have any part cost records (cost set 1). 

The solution as I see it would be to create q quick report- very simple SQL statement where you select parts that have that costing and where the following screen has no cost.     

Your IT team could probably create a quick report in very short time.   

The following would be an example of a “good” cost per condition example. The below sample is from a serial tracked part - but see the cost per condition. 

Best regards