Solved

One Time Supplier/Customer set up

• 21 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I can see IFS has an option of making suppliers/customers one-time.  I can understand the benefit to getting a one off invoice on IFS with this, can can be tracked and paid in BACs run etc

What is the benefit to someone setting up the account as opposed to a permanent account.

Trying to work out if I ask someone to set up a one time supplier, why wouldn’t they just set up a regular supplier account to cover any possible future use?

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 21 April 2021, 12:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

The major advantage of using one time supplier is that you have the option to change, Supplier Name and Address information at the time of invoice creations.

No need to change the master record for supplier each time you create a invoice.

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Ah, that looks fantastic.  We have a generic ‘One Off’ supplier account set up and we can add individual details into that and have visibilty of who.

One further question?  Can I get these to pull into our BACs payment batch along with all other suppliers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes. For that you will have to enter the supplier’s BACs details for the supplier when creating the invoice.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Shehan Almeida ,

I have a few further questions after reading your explanations here. I was under the impression that one time supplier functionality is for a supplier you will use one time only. Example, for one invoice. In that case I don’t understand the need to change the the supplier name and address etc. every time an invoice is created as there will be no more than one invoice. Have I understood the one time supplier concept wrong? Is the one time supplier functionality similar to setting up of sundry supplier where we want the small amounts and one off payments to be registered against as there is no point registering the actual supplier who we will not be using more than once or twice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Shehan Almeida ,

I have a few further questions after reading your explanations here. I was under the impression that one time supplier functionality is for a supplier you will use one time only. Example, for one invoice. In that case I don’t understand the need to change the the supplier name and address etc. every time an invoice is created as there will be no more than one invoice. Have I understood the one time supplier concept wrong? Is the one time supplier functionality similar to setting up of sundry supplier where we want the small amounts and one off payments to be registered against as there is no point registering the actual supplier who we will not be using more than once or twice?

Its the second scenario…

“sundry supplier where we want the small amounts and one off payments to be registered against as there is no point registering the actual supplier who we will not be using more than once or twice?”