Solved

Notify me - delay in background jobs

• 29 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We have noticed that the Notify me functionality creates A LOT of background jobs. Since some of the background jobs takes minutes to execute it causes delays of other background jobs - to the extent that nightly jobs are running one day too late. 

Workaround for now: Remove all background jobs regarding Notify me and disable the events with a description starting with Notify Me. 

However, if we want to start using the Notify Me app we can’t use it in the current state. 

Observations: 

Notify Me - Register Supplier Invoice notifications. - sometimes takes 5 minutes

Notify Me - Refresh Markdowns for Supplier Invoice. - sometimes takes 10 minutes

We don’t have a lot of invoices but still these background jobs cause hours of delays in the Default background queue. 

Request 1: 

Will IFS tune the performance of the mentioned background jobs? With the current performance I can’t understand how any customer can use it. 

Request 2: 

Please advise, is it possible to have the notify me events running their jobs in another queue than the default queue?

icon

Best answer by JOOLSE 29 September 2021, 14:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Which update version on IFS Applications 10 are the customer running on? We did a major overhaul of Supplier invoices notifications in Apps10 UPD10 . 

Yes, you should be able to set up the jobs to be running on another queue. 

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi

Which update version on IFS Applications 10 are the customer running on? We did a major overhaul of Supplier invoices notifications in Apps10 UPD10 . 

Yes, you should be able to set up the jobs to be running on another queue. 

Regards

Johan

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your answer.

We are running on UPD8, so looking forward to the improved performance in the next update. 

Could you please advise how to specify which queue to have the jobs running on?

Best regards,

Marie

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Marie,

I suggest that  you read go to the part of t documentation to read how to set up background jobs. 

Not sure if you can read this link,

http://f1web/f1docproj/Apps10SP/Foundation1/040_administration/230_bckgrnd_processing/010_bckgrnd_jobs/default.htm

if not, then open up you online documentation, press on the technical documentation and drill down to 

IFS Administration & Configuration Guide /  Background processing / Background Jobs / Batch Queue Configuration. 

Btw nice hearing from you again 

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks @JOOLSE 

As a customer I can’t open the link you posted, but I found it in our technical documentation. I also found the window Batch Queue Configuration in IFS which we will try out to have the processes handled in a better way. 

Have a nice day Johan!

Best regards,

Marie

Badge +1

Hello All,

Does someone knows how to disable one or all these “Notify me” jobs?

We use Entreprise explorer so we don’t need them and it generates a huge amount of useless background jobs ,

Thank in advance!

Regards,

Antoine

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello All,

We use Entreprise explorer so we don’t need them and it generates a huge amount of useless background jobs ,

Thank in advance!

Regards,

Antoine

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/090_touch_apps/35_aurena_notify_me/default.htm

Check the link above, there you have the Events that generate the Notify Me background jobs. You can disable them in IFS if you don’t use the Notify Me.

Badge +1

Hello All,

Thank in advance!

Regards,

Antoine

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/090_touch_apps/35_aurena_notify_me/default.htm

Check the link above, there you have the Events that generate the Notify Me background jobs. You can disable them in IFS if you don’t use the Notify Me.

@porjeffes Thanks for your answer and for the documentation, i’ll try to disable those events