Question

Notify Me (Aurena)

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Question. We are working on customizing the PO and Invoice Authorization windows in Aurena. Does the Arena version of Notify Me inherit any of the filtering options that we create in the Aurena PO and Invoice authorization/notification screens. ie if we update Aurena to only show po"s or posting proposals that are waiting for authorization will that have an effect on NotifyMe.? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi 

Your customization in Aurena will not be reflected in Aurena Native Notify Me. It could be an idea for the future, but then I need some more information about what the customization is about. We have in the plan to be able to configure Aurena Native Notify Me with e.g the code parts you want to see, but if there are also other good ideas we of course want to have feedback about it, so we can evaluate it and do an investigation around it. 

A notification in Aurena native will be created in basically the same way in PO and Supplier Invoice / Posting Proposal. 

For PO a notification will only be created when you Release the PO and a authorization row is created for the PO. In such way it is only the PO waiting for authorization that you will see. Ususally you have a rule to decide who should be the authorizer. 

For Supplier Invoice you also have an authorizer, so when you have created the posting proposal then the authorixer could be set automatically if you have a rule. If you do not have a rule you can set it manually. But it is first when an authorizer exists on the posting propsal that a notification is created in Notify Me. So also here you will just see the waiting authorizations. 

/Johan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We noticed that in Aurena Notify Me the users are seeing all transactions waiting for approval, not just the ones that the specific user needs to approve.  There doesn’t seem to be a way to filter the notifications displayed so we’re not sure if this is a configuration issue or something else. 

Thanks

Shelley

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

What update version of IFS applications 10 are you running on ? 

We have done a correction for the supplier invoice flow and when a notification should be sent to whom if you have step or group authorization, That was done in update 10. 

PO flow I have just recently checked and there I can see the same behaviour as you are writing about. I think that is a bug that we need to correct in Notify Me. 

Notifications should only go out to the persons that are set as authorizer for the PO or authorizer for the supplier invoice. So if you take one example of where all users get the notification in Notify Me, what does the same PO or Supplier invoice Posting proposal have as authorizers?