Question

"No invoice header is sent before invoice items" in excel Migration

• 14 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

I am getting error “No invoice header is sent before invoice items” while doing Excel Migration of Instant Invoice. 

Regards,

Kishore Nenwani

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Kishore,

Am having the same issue, when i try to create a job for Instant Invoice, the logic behind this, once the header created and it generates the Invoice ID then line item will be inserted based on invoice id but, still we could not solve this issue on migration job

Thanks

Raj

Badge

Hi,

You can enter the company ID in the 2nd method list attribute “INSTANT_INVOICE_ITEM_API” instead of entering COMPANY@10. This works for me.

Regards

Hadi

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Sorry, but I need to ask… Only because I had seen others attempt to load open AR (invoices in other system) into IFS instant invoice rather than using the standard external invoice process. 

Is this to load open invoices from another system or to create a new invoice / receivable not previously reported?   

If new invoices - I had previously done a small mod that will correctly load the instant invoices.   The existing flow (at that time) did not create both header and lines.  - Hence the exact same error. But that was years ago, I had not tested Migration tool and Instant Invoice in Cloud. 

If this is to load existing invoices, the instant invoice may not be the right tool. Typically, we use external invoice flow. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge

Hi Thomas,

The advange of instant invoice is that we can enter object id to categorize the services that we sell.

And we use it a lot to enter the output of another application to IFS.

I faced with the same error while testing the migration job but finally I could fix it by entering the company id statically in the second method.

Regards

Hadi

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

You can enter the company ID in the 2nd method list attribute “INSTANT_INVOICE_ITEM_API” instead of entering COMPANY@10. This works for me.

Regards

Hadi

Hi Hadi,

Is it work for invoice with multiple lines?

Thanks

Raj

Badge

Hi Raj,

Yes, we’re using this for migrating invoices with multiple lines right now.

Regards

Hadi