Question

New User/Employee

• 20 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

I have created a new user.

New employee was also created with employee status “Pending” because this empolyee will start her contact next month.

I have a problem with adding this employee to posting control for cost center and site.

I got this message:

For site: “The CompanyPerson object does not exist” (user has access to the company and employee was created on the same company)

For cost center: “Cost Center does not exist of has invalid date” (I have checked and this cost center exists and have a valid date)

Is it connected to the “pending” status of the employe ? Should it be “active” to add this employee to posting controls?

Regards,

Aleksandra

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Aleksandra W. ,

Has the employment Active date already defined for this employee, if so How about the ‘valid from’ date on the posting control you are defining?

Best regards
Zuha

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Aleksandra W. 

Usually employee file in HR side being active or pending does not cause errors in Financials.

But not clear why and how you are adding this employee to posting control for cost center and site.

Hope you have created a user in finance module for the user id you are referred to in employee file.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Zuha Samsudeen 

The employment active date has been set to 1st of April.

Valid from date for the posting control is 1/1/2012.

I have noticed one more thing: When I search with the Emp ID in the Employee window the result is empty: No data found. But when I search with employee name I can find the record. It seems that there is a problem with the Employee ID.

Do you know what can be the reason? Or where to look for it?

Regards,

Aleksandra

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Dhananga Jayatilake

Yes, I have created a user in finance module and the Person ID is connected to Employee record.

However the Employee ID is missing ( I can not find the record when I search with the Emp ID number, but I can find the employee record when I search with her name).

It seems that there is a problem with the Employee ID.

Do you know what can be the reason? Or where to look for it?

Regards,

Aleksandra

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Aleksandra W. 

If this is happening only for one employee, can be a data corruption or set-up issues.

If this is happening for all employees, better check with IFS Support.