Question

New Payment Format for EFT

• 27 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

We currently have a successful process for issuing ACH payments from our US payment institutes.  I am now trying to implement this for our CA payment institute but the exported file format is significantly different.  I have copied the ACH payment format for this new initiative, but I am struggling to figure out how to change/copy the ACH mapping so that I can make it work for this.  I cannot find a file mapping.  Can you provide guidance?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Canada EFT had been a modification.  Many clients have moved to ISO20022 for supplier payments.  

If your bank accepts ISO20022 format for supplier payments, you may want to consider this format.  

Depending on your banks EFT format, you may consider a modification that’s been used by a number of our Canadian clients.     If the bank format is less sophisticated in comparison to ACH, you can consider other options similar to what you tried for ACH but using a different format entirely.   

ACH is unlike other IFS Payment formats - I would describe this as hard coded - not intended for user edit.  Other payment formats in IFS use external file templates for the file layout.  These are easier to copy and edit.  

You may wish to seek consulting assistance - EFT for Canada is not an easy process. 

Best regards, 

Thomas