Solved

Network error when validating Supplier's doc tax ID via RMB

• 8 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

When the RMB “Validate Tax ID number” on Supplier>Address>Document Tax Information intermittently hits the below error.

Tax ID Number ******** cannot be validated due to network problem.

Further investigations:

• The error mostly occurs when the action performed perpetually
  • The validation actually executes via the client (tbwSuppDocumentTaxInfo.cs)
  • Looks like a client limitation (threshold for MS_MAX_CONCURRENT_REQ)

Has this every happened to you?
Any clue will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Manulak 9 May 2023, 13:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @Manulak 

I believe this is due to limitation on server for accessing external websites. I have the same issue on one of my projects and they don't allow accessing external links from the server. Therefore we cannot validate.

The function uses below webpage to validate. 

Vies on-the-Web - European Commission (europa.eu)

Hope this helps

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks a lot for the quick reply @gumabs. 👍

Yes, for me too it seems like the limitation pops out from the endpoint. 

It works most of the time (good news) but fails intermittently. 

Look what I found on Stack Overflow.

I’d assume that, if this is a known limitation, there should be a failover mechanism or a retry which should be imposed by IFS. This post is to find if this concern was ever triggered IFS support, etc.

Badge +1

I have been experiencing the same issue and logged a case several months ago but no response yet.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@JGHSUSAN sorry to hear, but, as far as I understand, IFS cannot do anything about it. Because, my investigations confirmed that the particular error occurs when the web response contains the error code MS_MAX_CONCURRENT_REQ which makes the endpoint (EUROPA.eu web endpoint in this case) to be blamed.

What IFS could do is to implement a failover mechanism when it creates the client call, by catching this exception and perform a retry, as the second try works in most cases.