Solved

Netting

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello, 

is it possible to make netting when the supplier and customer currency is different? but they have same association number.

I would appreciat for the quick answers!

kind regards,

Esayas 

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 3 June 2022, 09:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello

You can always use Mixed Payment instead of netting (indicating netting cash account in mixed payment header).

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Adam, Thanks for the respons! 

what do you mean by using a mixed payment? do you mean that I can pretend as if I have paid and received or what? can you please elaborate your answer and if possible can you show me the steps?

thanks in advance!

kind regards,

esayas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

Yes, you can create mixed payment with cash account used in netting process, with two transactions - customer payment and supplier payment. It could be treated like pretending to payment reception and issue, but overall result will be same as netting.

I suggest to use same currency on both transactions and in mixed payment header opening and closing balance of cash account should be set to zero - PP1 posting must be balanced.

In the mixed payment, using transaction matching option, you can connect invoice in any currency to the payment transaction - you will have to adjust amounts in payment currency and in invoice currency to not leave any balance. 

Using mixed payment, condition of having same association number on customer and supplier involved is not controlled. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks Adam your answer was very helpfull.